Standard Valencian Paella/Ja seria hora que s’ensenyeu a fer paelles, hòstia!!
One of my hidden hobbies is watching videos of paella recipes, in other languages. Most recipes produce me abundant laughter or surprise me. I invite you to enjoy this hobby and try to find the most “imaginative” recipe of paella online.
Here you are: a true valencian recipe for paella.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 1/2 chicken
- 1/2 rabbit
- 2 chopped tomatoes
- 165 grs. wide green bean (bajoqueta or “judía verde”)
- 130 grs. large white beans (“garrafó” beans)
- saffron, oil, parsley
- 3 cups of spanish or italian rice Arborio
- 7 cups of hot broth
- 150 dl olive oil
– 1. Combine tomatoes , garlic, parsley, saffron and salt to make sofritto in a separate bowl.
– 2 . Put the paella pan on the fire with 150 dl (a small glass) of olive oil and salt around the edges.
– 3. Add the meat pieces and mix them up to they get brown. Do the same with vegetables.
– 4 . Add the sofritto and fry it to evaporate the liquid. Be careful, try not to burn yourself (or to others!) .
– 5. Add the rice and fry it for 2-3 minutes, until it changes color into brown.
– 6. Add the boiling broth and when it start boiling again check salt (has to be salty). Remember 10 minutes of high heat and the rest of the process leave it at a low heat.
– 7 . After 15 minutes boiling, add decoration on top.
– 8. 5 minuts after, the paella is ready. Add lemon slices to garnish and enjoy. Then you will see that your guest will be delighted with your amazing Spanish paella.